I know, I know. It’s been far too long since I last posted. But I’m back, at least for the month of April, to once again participate in the A-to-Z Daily Blog Challenge. If you remember, I did this last year as well, writing a blog a day for 30 days throughout the month of April.
I’m also planning to participate in NaPoWriMo to celebrate National Poetry Month—which is also in April—by writing a poem a day for the month. If all goes according to plan, I’ll be posting a haiku that ties into whatever the daily theme is for my blog.
I haven’t yet decided if I will blog on a theme for the month or leave it open to my daily whims. Some themes I’ve been pondering:
If I go with Running as a theme, here are possible topics for my first few days:
- A is for April (my running buddy, not the month)
- B is for Brooks (how is it I can identify the make and model of so many running shoes?)
- C is for Clothing or Why Does My Closet Smell Like That?
- D is for Data (How far? How fast? How many calories? Don’t make me run without my Nike app)
- E is for Eating Everything
If I go with, oh, say, Menopause instead, I could write about these topics:
- A is for Hot Flashes
- B is for Black Cohosh Smells and Tastes Terrible
- C is for Cold Compresses
- D is for Don’t Touch Me! (I’m too hot)
- E is for Estrogen, Please (don’t make me grovel)
- F is for Fire (as in I’m on Fire, again)
- G is for Get Away From Me (it’s too hot to be this close)
- H is for Heat (is it HOT in here or is it me?)
- I is for Igloo (or yes, I DO keep my house that cold)
Or I may just write about whatever pleases me in the moment. Tune in later this week to find out what I’ve decided.
Writing and running
Finding inspiration through
11 thoughts on “I’m Baaack! For NaPoWriMo and the 2015 A-to-Z Challenge”
Yaay! By the time you get thru menopause, you will be an Eskimo! XXOO L Laura Kalpakian Author of Three Strange Angels firstname.lastname@example.org laurakalpakian.com Facebook // Twitter >
I hope so!
Glad to have you back to blogging! Can’t wait to see what blooms from your April alphabet.
Thanks Victoria! Looking forward to reading your poems as well.
What would it be to write about writing? 😉
Boring. I decided. Writing about writing is redundant and not nearly as interesting as running or menopause 🙂 I’m thinking what fun it will be to kick off April with a blog about April, my running buddy!
Running! So much more fun than menopause and a good way to get through it. M could be “Menopause, Running Right Through It!” This is gonna be a fun month.
Hi Pam, it’s Pam! Good luck with the challenge!
It’s all your fault Kari Neumeyer 🙂
Any topis you decide on will be interesting.