I know, I know. It’s been far too long since I last posted. But I’m back, at least for the month of April, to once again participate in the A-to-Z Daily Blog Challenge. If you remember, I did this last year as well, writing a blog a day for 30 days throughout the month of April.
I’m also planning to participate in NaPoWriMo to celebrate National Poetry Month—which is also in April—by writing a poem a day for the month. If all goes according to plan, I’ll be posting a haiku that ties into whatever the daily theme is for my blog.
I haven’t yet decided if I will blog on a theme for the month or leave it open to my daily whims. Some themes I’ve been pondering:
If I go with Running as a theme, here are possible topics for my first few days:
- A is for April (my running buddy, not the month)
- B is for Brooks (how is it I can identify the make and model of so many running shoes?)
- C is for Clothing or Why Does My Closet Smell Like That?
- D is for Data (How far? How fast? How many calories? Don’t make me run without my Nike app)
- E is for Eating Everything
If I go with, oh, say, Menopause instead, I could write about these topics:
- A is for Hot Flashes
- B is for Black Cohosh Smells and Tastes Terrible
- C is for Cold Compresses
- D is for Don’t Touch Me! (I’m too hot)
- E is for Estrogen, Please (don’t make me grovel)
- F is for Fire (as in I’m on Fire, again)
- G is for Get Away From Me (it’s too hot to be this close)
- H is for Heat (is it HOT in here or is it me?)
- I is for Igloo (or yes, I DO keep my house that cold)
Or I may just write about whatever pleases me in the moment. Tune in later this week to find out what I’ve decided.
Writing and running
Finding inspiration through